Pages

Saturday 4 January 2014

Lipstick Week: Topshop Beguiled

A couple of years ago, I challenged myself to wear a different coloured lipstick each day for a week and blog about it daily (more challenging than it sounds while working full time in winter!).  Starting from today, I've decided to redo this challenge - it always helps free me from a make up rut! The shades I've chosen are:

1) Dark plum: Topshop 'Beguiled'
2) Nude - Chanel 'Boy'
3) Pink - M.A.C Girl About Town
4) Baby Pink - Rouge Volupte Perle 'Celestial Mauve'
5) Purple - Maybelline Colorsensational 'Hot Plum'
6) Coral - M.A.C 'Toxic Tale'
7) Red - Giorgio Armani Rouge Ecsatasy '400'.

I decided to go head first into the challenge and choose the most daring shade: Topshop's 'Beguiled'.



'Beguiled' is a beautifully dark, red-toned plum that dries down to a satin finish.  Unfortunately, it does tend to emphasise any imperfections on the lips but a little lip prep before applying definitely helps.  Because the formula is fairly dry, it is however extremely long lasting on the lips and typical of this type of shade, leaves a pretty plum stain on the lips during the day.

What are your thoughts on 'Beguiled' - have you worn a similar dark shade this winter?

Love Nic 
xx

6 comments:

  1. That colour really suits you! I need to start being brave with colour!

    Claire xx
    Claire does beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire! Why don't you just start wearing it at home, think it just takes a little time to get used to wearing a lot of colour! xx

      Delete
  2. This is a lovely colour, it looks great on you.
    I think I'm going to have to try a Topshop Lipstick this year!


    Jenn | Photo-Jenn-ic

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenn!! Ahh they're brilliant for the price and there's so many colours to choose from! xx

      Delete
  3. Love love love but more importantly, where is that coat from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's from Topshop! I'm sure it's still for sale :) x

      Delete

I do love a good comment!