Pages

Wednesday 16 October 2013

Benefit Stay Flawless 15 Hour Primer

A good primer has been a staple in my make up bag for the last couple of years. Some of my favourites include Laura Mercier's Oil Free Primer, Arbonne's silicone based make up primer and Smashbox 'Photo Finish'.  Until recently I had yet to try any of Benefit's primer products, despite reading so many rave reviews.  I'm not as concerned with the appearance of my pores as I am with the longevity of my make up, which led me to try their newest offering: 'Stay Flawless'.


'Stay Flawless' is a stick primer that is applied directly onto the face before applying foundation.  Benefit recommend applying foundation immediately after the primer, blending the two together as this helps the primer act as a 'magnet' for your base products.  I've found that it's easier to work in sections as the primer dries down quite quickly.

When applied to the skin, the primer feels extremely soft and silky and my foundation applies smoothly and evenly.  Benefit claim that 'Stay Flawless' will help 'lock on your foundation for 15 fresh and flawless hours'.  However with an oilier skin type, my foundation began to wear by about 1 o'clock in the afternoon: 6 hours after I first applied it and as I left work at 5 the foundation I had applied on my chin and forehead had completely disappeared.  I tried again the next day and set my make up with Urban Decay's 'De-Slick' which held up a little better.  However, on it's own, 'Stay Flawless' was not suited to my skin type - it would work more effectively on someone with a normal to drier skin type as it did improve the appearance and application of my foundation.


Overall, I really liked the innovative packaging and application of 'Stay Flawless' with the twist up stick and I loved how it made my foundation first apply and look. Sadly, I just don't think it's suited to those  with an oilier skin type.

Have you tried 'Stay Flawless'? What is your favourite primer?

Love Nic
xx


4 comments:

  1. I'm really tempted to try this, hopefully it will work on me as I have a dry skin :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do hope it works a bit better for you - it does make foundation apply like a dream! xx

      Delete
  2. I love the idea of the packaging, anything for easy application is a winner for me!

    Jennie xo sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete

I do love a good comment!