Pages

Friday 12 July 2013

Giorgio Armani Lip Maestro 504 Ecstasy

When I first read about the formula of Giorgio Armani's Lip Maestro I wasn't 100%.  I had always found the idea of liquid lipsticks a little daunting as I imagined they were messy to apply and I'm not a huge fan of matte finishes.  However, when I visited an Armani counter and swatched 504 Ecstasy, it had to be mine.



Ecstasy is a deep fuchsia and is extremely concentrated; a tiny amount goes a long way.  The formula is gel based, making it comfortable to wear and applies like a dream.  The Lip Maestro's come with a doe foot applicator, however I much prefer to use a lip brush for a more precise application.


Giorgio Armani say that the Lip Maestro's dry down to a matte finish however, 504 retains some of it's initial sheen for some time before settling into a more satin finish.  The lip lacquer leaves a beautiful stain on the lips when it dries down, that is extremely long lasting.  After reading other reviews, I seem to be one of the only people who found that the formula bled slightly, meaning I always have to use a lip liner when using this product (slightly annoying as I'm a lazy kinda make up girl).


The velvet gel formula and intensely concentrated colour of 504 make it an absolute treat to wear.  I'm dying to try 400 next, a beautiful classic red.  Have you tried any of the Lip Maestro shades? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Lots of Love
Nic xx


1 comment:

I do love a good comment!