Pages

Sunday 24 March 2013

Chanel Dupin' with Revlon

One of my favourite lip glosses is Chanel's Glossimer in 287 Aurore (You can read more about this gloss here) which was sadly limited edition.  I loved it so much that I bought a back up which is definitely on it's last legs and I have been contemplating buying a replacement Aurore on ebay.  However, I recently bought a couple of Revlon's Colourburst lipglosses (which I absolutely LOVE) and realised that 008 Peony is a pretty good dupe for Aurore.  Unfortunately, Peony has photographed a lot darker in the tube than it is thanks to Scotland's freak weather - in reality it's a much lighter peach/pink. 



Peony is slightly pinker than Aurore, however on the lips they look almost identical!  Both glosses contain a fine gold glitter that reflects and shines beautifully.  Although the glitter creates a slight graininess, it is quite subtle and not uncomfortable to wear. More importantly for me, neither Peony or Aurore are too thick or sticky.  They are both sheer formula's, making them perfect for everyday wear or to wear over a lipstick at night to add a little shine.  Chanel Glossimer's are priced at £21 (or you can buy Aurore on E-bay for £27) where as Revlon's Colourburst glosses come in at £7.99!


Have you tried any of the Revlon Colourburst glosses? What are your thoughts?

Love Nicola
xx

6 comments:

  1. Wow, they do look really similar in the swatches....thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I'm annoyed that Peony looks so dark in the first picture as it really is a lot lighter! Though on the lips the slight differences are almost undetectable! x

      Delete
  2. I actually have Peony and I love it! That's so cool that it's such a great dupe for the Chanel!

    XO
    Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I couldn't believe how similar they were swatched side by side! x

      Delete
  3. I love dupe posts! I don't have Aurore but I think I might get Peony now - it looks so pretty and I love Revlon lipglosses :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh you should Tiffany I think you would love it! It's so natural but still really pretty! x

      Delete

I do love a good comment!