Pages

Sunday 22 January 2012

Some Recent (Re)Discoveries

Hey Dolls,

Over the last couple of weeks I have bought some amazing new beauty products that I wanted to share with you all.  Some of the products featured below are repurchases and others I have been using for the first time.  It always says a lot to me when I repurchase products as I am so fickle/restless.

Foxy Locks Extensions

 
My natural hair never grows past just below my shoulders and for years I have longed for long, voluminous hair...my love affair with the Kardashian's hair and make up hasn't helped this at all.  I still remember how excited I was when I purchased my first set of extensions (clip inz) and from then on I have tried several different sets of extensions.  By far, Foxy Locks are the best I have ever tried.  This is my second set of foxy locks extensions - they are so thick, soft and shiny.


Look at how shiny they are in natural light - there's no flash been used here at all!  I wear the colour 1b which is closest to black without being jet black and match my hair perfectly.  The extensions are 20" but I always trim mine down probably to about 16".  The clips used on foxy locks extensions are amazing.


They are quite stiff meaning they grip my natural hair really well - there's no chance of these losing grip throughout the day.  I'm thinking about doing a separate post about how I clip in, style and care for my extensions, let me know if this is of any interest!

Lush Ocean Salt


I'm suffering from horrid winter skin at the moment - I feel it looks really dry and dull.  There was only one product I knew that could rescue my skin - Lush's Ocean Salt.  Ocean Salt is a face scrub that combines vodka, lime, coconut, grape fruit and sea salt (coarse and fine) into an amazingly refreshing but quite abrasive scrub.


Although Ocean Salt is extremely exfoliating it is also quite creamy and the oils and coconut butter leave my face feeling so smooth and moisturised, plus it smells like a margarita!  I'm coming to the end of a 'fake tan scrub week' and ocean salt has been brilliant at getting rid of  any fake tan on my face and neck. If you're skin's feeling a little blue this winter, I can't recommend Ocean Salt enough!


L'Oreal Colour Infallible in Bronze Divine


I was so excited with I first read about L'Oreal's Colour Infallible eye shadows. Likened to a budget version of Armani's Eyes to Kill Intense shadows that I could buy for under £10 (in fact I bought this and a few others for £3.99) - amazing!  The shadow has an unusual texture, like a tightly pressed pigment that to the touch feels really velvety, and could easily be mistaken as a cream. 

Bronze Divine is quite an unusual colour as it seems to change in the light - at times it can look like a blackened gold and at others an olive gold.  This is intensified by layering them over a coloured base.  I've used Bronze Divine over a black base and a brown (Urban Decay Whiskey) which you can see at the bottom of this post.  Over a black, the gold is particularly accentuated however over a brown bronze divine is a more wearable daytime shade.

Chanel Glossimer Myriade


I posted about this gloss last week but I wanted to show you just how pretty it is on its own.  Myriade is a gorgeous red/pink that has a beautiful multitoned glitter running throughout.


I love glosses that not only add a beautiful sheen to the lips but are pigmented enough to wear on their own.  I wore this every day to work last week and it added just enough colour to cheer me up through my working day, but wasn't too overwhelming for the office!

M.A.C Gingerly


I've had Gingerly since September last year and it's only been in the last couple of weeks that I've realised what an amazing blush it is.  It's such a natural but pretty colour that adds depth and dimension to the face.  It's a matte peachy/tan shade and looks a little darker in the pan that on the cheek.  It takes a lot for me to step away from pink cheeks but Gingerly has quickly become one of my most reached for blushes - I love it!


Lots of Love
Nic
xx

5 comments:

  1. A post about your extensions would be helpful and interesting! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So jealous of the extensions, I really want to get some Foxy locks ones. Review please :).

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think these natural home remedies like the good and pure virgin coconut oil is extremely good...but if difficult we can use products using these ingredients.Nice summary of various essential products.organic lipstick

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really love your dotted dress (maybe is it a top?) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep it's a top :) from H&M! xx

    ReplyDelete

I do love a good comment!